Sunday, September 24, 2017

In the kitchen and garden 2017

When things get stressful, I head to my garden or kitchen. Watering the garden or cooking up something is my happy place.
Every couple of months the doctor I work for brings in a crate of ripe bananas. It's a small office so I bring most of the bananas home to make banana bread. Someone asked me why I make bread when I'm gluten sensitive and can't eat it.  I hate to see the bananas go to waste and I don't bake all that well but I can make banana bread. People seem happy to receive a loaf, so that's a plus. I also love the smell of baking, even if I can't eat any of it.  So I see it as a win - win!
In my garden the second round of basil is in so I'm in the process of making pesto. Nothing better than fresh pesto! Again another friend said it was faster and cheaper to just buy pesto. For me it's the process, spending time out in the garden, picking off the leaves and getting everything ready. Today is a beautiful day to be outside so why not?
Now to find more people to give the banana bread to. :) 

No comments: