Friday, July 17, 2009

The Red Violin

While I've been getting ready for my garage sale on Saturday, I was playing some DVD I checked out at the library. I usually pick movies I know and just let them play in the background. For some reason, I picked up this movie "The Red Violin". When I got it home, didn't know that it had subtitles. It was a very interesting movie and one that you had to pay attention to. It isn't one of those play in the background type of movies unless you understand, Italian, French, Chinese and German. As the violin passed from owner to owner over a course of three hundred years, the actors spoke the language of the country and era it was in but the music always stayed the same. It was that love of music that saved the red violin from being destroyed many times over and one man's love for his wife.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmmm.....I just may have to check that one out sometime.....when hubby is gone on a weekend hunt or something...