Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Mills End, Reno 2026

 

I finally got to visit Mills End in Reno. I had heard about it but can't remember where or why. I had high hopes I could find lace type of fabric to do some bleach and sun printing with. Sadly they didn't have much of what I wanted. Guess I'll have to thrift an over the top wedding dress with a lot of lace. 

Mills End is a warehouse with one half upholstery fabric and the other half is quilting cotton. Most of it looks very dated and oldish but the prices were low enough to over look all that. 

My photos don't really show how sheer the fabric I picked up is. I'm hoping they will work for sun print. Each was $5.40 a yard so if the bleaching technique eats the fabric, it's not a big loss. The brown spotted cow hide (yes it was real) was on the counter when I was checking out. Didn't even look at how much it was but I did think of my mom being that was her lucky charm.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment