Monday, July 20, 2026

Camping 2026

I've had this tent riding around in my car for years. It's part of my emergency kit. I know it sounds weird but I think it could be helpful. 
It was new in the box when I brought it on Maxsold. I finally got to use it on a family camping trip. It's been years since I've been camping so here are a few things I've learned now that I'm much older.

Not being able to stand up in your tent makes it harder to change your clothes. 

Solar power has really changed things. Lighting up after dark is so simple now. No more need for batteries or propane canisters etc... Only thing we didn't plan for was lack of cell service and not being able to charge our phones. For me it was just my watch I wanted to keep charged. There are solar chargers out there but not something I need for everyday. 

We used Blackstone grill which was great. We didn't have any pans to clean up after every meal. There was enough of us to make it worth packing it into our car. Cooking over a fire is fun but when you have little ones running around, the grill was the way to go. 

I did see a lot of older women camping alone. Found that so interesting. I really wanted to talk to them about it but didn't want to be a busy body type. It's something that I've always wanted to do.  Maybe now that my tent is out of the box, I'll give it a try!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment